Skip to main content

Finish Along Quarter 3 proposed finishes...

So quarter 2 wasn't amazingly productive for me; I finished a couple of bits, but I think I started more than I finished, and even with deadlines of events, I didn't get everything that I needed to done.

Life is tough at the moment, work is grinding me down and the drugs aren't working. It's also too hot to spend a lot of time in the sewing room, and my hands are too sweaty to knit for long periods of time!

I've had a bit of a sort out of the list; some things are being pulled.
The Star Wars zip up pouch is never getting done, the cardigan is on hold until cooler weather, and I'll never wear the Astra cowl, and I've used the yarn set aside for another pair of the mitts for a friend, so that's out the window.

So, onwards...
(not everything has pictures, because I've had a partially fucked phone for the last couple of weeks, so I've not been able to take as many pictures, and having just transferred everything over to a new phone, none of it is in the right order)






1. The Bounty Dog.
This is a LARP prop that has been used, but still needs the legs attaching. I also need to come up with a better way of attaching it to the person's arm, as the lacing isn't working very well. I wanted to avoid mounting it to a bracer, but I suspect that is the best way of doing this.


2. Carriag's mitts.
This is a pair of Astra mitts made for LARP costume; the character is a stone golem sort of thing, so the greys and greens of my original pair fit perfectly. But mine have some flaws where I knitted wrong, so I'm making a second pair. These just need the ribbing and thumb done on the second mitt.

3. That damn maker's tote!
It's still hanging around. I'm just procrastinating at this point!

4. Sapphire dragon cushion.
This is a belated birthday present for a friend. It needs to be done by next weekend when he comes to cat sit.

5. Dragonhawk
The other part of his birthday present, a dragon hawk plushie to match the cushion (and one of his LARP characters)

6. Owlbear the Fifth Musketeer
I am a terrible person who should not be allowed cute plushie patterns. I need to make 2 of these; one with the silly costume and another without.

7. Pink unicorn cushion
Needs sewing together and quilting. But I've put the sashing fabric somewhere and now I can't find it! I'm also pondering doing some piping for this, just to make it extra fancy.


8. Vila shawl
I think possibly this should be on hold, as it's quite thick and not very pleasant to knit in the hot weather!


9. Sprite's fen shawl
I have like, 18 more rows of this, and as soon as I finish it, I'm selling the fucking thing.

10. Maytham shawl
This is going to start getting to the point of too big and grumpy making soon, but I am enjoying it at the moment.

11. Ivy Over the Door Shawl
The yarn is picked and wound for this, but I'm holding off until I finish at least one of my other knitting WIPs before I cast on!

12. Meeples!
These are actually getting done, slowly. They're my current "running off bobbin" projects. One just needs stuffing, another needs the second side attaching. They will be done!
These HAVE to be done by the beginning of September!

And I think that's it for now. I've got other bits and pieces in progress, but nothing major, or that I think has a chance of being done by the end of September. I've got two weekend LARP events and a weekend long wedding in this quarter, so time is going to be shorter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.