Skip to main content

Current Projects

So, current projects. There are plenty of them at the moment...

Knitting 1.
This is a shawl for me, using this pattern - Less is More from Ravelry. I'm about halfway done I reckon, and I'm really loving the texture that the yarn and pattern is creating. It got put on the back burner for a while as I was working on other things, but now it's getting a bit chilly, so I'm going to start working on it again so I have a scarf thing I can wear (to go with the billion other scarves and shawls I have).


Knitting 2.
This is a Christmas present for my best friend (he knows about it because he had to pick the colours). I've called it the "Pathfinder Fibonacci" as the colours match the colours we use for Pathfinder LARP, and the pattern is this Fibonacci sequence scarf, although I've added an extra step, so I'm going from 55, as he's a tall lanky bloke (this is causing some issues as I'm burning through wool at a rate of knots).
I'm about 20% through it, and the pattern is just starting to show properly (the photo isn't doing the colours justice really) and it's also just starting to get unwieldy to knit easily.

Sewing 1.
Squid mark 2, which is a Christmas present for another friend. Earlier in the year I made one of these squids, and she make squeaky noises about wanting one. I wasn't going to give mine away, so I'm making one in rich purple fleece with skull fabric as the sucker side of the tentacles. Sadly all that's cut at the moment is the skull fabric, so I haven't bothered taking any photos.

Sewing 2.
Cloak! This is a test run for Sewing 3. I don't have a photo easily to hand as I'm at work, and pictures are all on FB or my phone. It's based off this pattern, only I've given it a high collar rather than the capelet and hood (although for sewing 3 I do plan on making these as well). It's made from scraps so it looks a bit weird, but it will be going to club kit for LARP once I've finished the seams.

Sewing 3.
Red cloak! This is for my knight LARP character who has just passed her test of knighthood and so has now got a swanky red cloak and new armour. Sadly I botched the cutting due to measurements being in inches and me only having a cm tape measure, so I cut too big, which means I didn't have enough to make the capelet and hood. I'll survive. Again, I added a high collar.
This is still in pieces waiting to be sewed, but I need to clear off a bobbin (which will happen when I finish Sewing 2).

I've also got a skirt muslin that's been cut but which I can't be bothered to sew up at the moment, and half the fabric and the pattern for a bag.

I think that's everything? More photos to follow at some point soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Object - Nudibranch Madness

There is no nudity in this post! Just sea slug awesomeness :D

My first finish for the second quarter of the 2017 Finish-A-Long is my Nudibranch March Mini Madness shawl.

Found here on Ravelry, this was an excellently quick and brainless knit, which I've managed to make obscenely colourful thanks to Mothy and the Squid's excellent nudibranch colourways. I'm trying to make an effort to have a bit more colour in my outfits, and this will brighten up anything I wear!


It has a slight curvature where I bodged the tension adding the second mini skein of yarn, which I also added too early, but otherwise, a pleasing, lazy knit for lunchbreaks and evenings watching TV.
I've been knitting a lot more recently; my sewing room is a mess and getting home in the evenings I just want to flake in front of trashy tv and not think too hard, rather than work around the piles of stuff lying around upstairs.

I've spent a chunk of this bank holiday weekend trying to tidy up, with varying …

Finish Along- Quarter 4

I had one whole finish in Quarter 3. It turns out walking 5 miles every day for 3 months (and extra on weekends) really takes a lot of time and energy.
I made progress on things, but I also had a couple of swaps on the go, and ended up working on random bits and pieces. I also opened up BlueberryBits on etsy, which desperately needs more stock!

I might add photos later, but I'm busy as fuck at the moment with work, so err, it's just a list...

1. Star Wars zip up tray pouch - oh my god I will do this! I swear! I mean I'll probably sell it, but I swear I will!
2. Teal ponte cardigan - it's been moved downstairs so I can actually cut it out.
3. Makers Tote - this is going to be an xmas gift so I REALLY need to get on with it!
4. Pink sparrow Heidi clutch - this is going on etsy, I just need to finish the bloody thing!
5. Hitchhiker take 2 - this is nearly done. It's just been shoved somewhere.
6. Unicorn embroidery pouch - this is pissing me off as the design has rubb…

Finished Object(s): Fold Up Sewing Folios

I have a desperate need for things to be FINISHED. It's a problem. My mental health is shite at the moment thanks to work, which means I'm exhausted by the time I get home, which means I have no time to make things. It's a cycle. The less I make the worse I feel, the more work gets to me.
I took a day yesterday, called in sick and knitted, finished a shawl. Felt better for it and picked up the next half finished thing.

I'm ignoring the pile of sewing that needs doing for a shop update.

On my FAL 2018 post, there is an entry for a Fold Up Sewing Folio by Aneela Hoey. It's got some gorgeous big floral fabric and some grey essex linen.
This is that project, but I decided I didn't like the essex linen and bought something else instead.


I adore this pattern. I really really do.