Skip to main content

Wednesday Warbles...

I'm terrible at this blogging nonsense! I've got a pile of stuff to blog, but work is getting in the way of me processing photos and stuff.
Oops.
I do feel that I should probably try and engage a bit more, especially if I'm trying to advertise my shop more!

So, in no particular order, what the fuck have I been up to recently?





I went to MCM London! I love cons! For someone who HATES large crowds of people, I really enjoy them. Ok, I enjoy MCM. The local con sucks ass.
I went fairly last minute and threw together a very rough and ready Priss Asagiri cosplay. That 'corset' is about as rigid as a week old lettuce leaf, and the jacket is slightly too small (and was WAY too warm  to wear at all) but for something bodged together in a couple of days, I think it looked ok.



I have been sorting my yarn stash, with the help of my HALPER cat! Ravelry tells me I have 115 items in my stash so far, and I still have 2 small boxes to sort out. Help! I am drowning in yarn!


My sewing room remains a place of nooks and crannies for Jazz to wedge herself into, bless her stupid little face. It's also in the stage of being offensively warm to work in, so while I have a pile of sewing that needs doing, I'm not really doing any of it.


 
I have a commission! A very small one, that I faffed around with a massive amount trying to make it too complicated. It's not. It's a business card holder. I need to actually stitch it up this evening and then it's done.
Behold me and my powers of making things too complicated!


I made a cushion cover! Or at least I started one! I think it has now been quilted, I just need to sew it all together. The wolf face pattern is by Unicornharts, and it's been done in sparkly black fabric to look like the recipient's LARP heraldry, because I'm a fucking nerd.


I pulled a meeple out of the pile and started working on it! Yay! Then I shoved it to one side because they're a pain in the arse to sew. Boo!


This is gift one of two for my BFF, who is owed several birthday presents from me. Oops. I have good intentions and then get distracted making other stuff.
This will be a cushion cover, and there's a second, thematically appropriate part to go!


I'm not knitting anything from my FAL list, but instead pulled out a skein and a one skein pattern and started knitting! This is the small Pebble Beach shawl, and I'm at the stage of yarn chicken, because I have 20 rows to go, and I'm not sure I have enough left!



And I'm designing a jellyfish mini-quilt for a quilt swap on instagram, because none of the jellyfish paper piecing patterns available quite did what I wanted. So it's literally back to the drawing board!

At some point I might actually post some FAL Q2 updates. But not now. That requires more brain than I have at the moment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.