Skip to main content

Not dead, have some knitting

The last month or so has been a little bit hectic; lots of changes going on at work, and LARP is in full swing. Plus my birthday and various other bits and pieces mean that while I'm sewing plenty, I haven't managed to finish anything since the belt.
I've got a bunch of patterns I want to try, I have a quilt top finished that just needs actually quilting (waiting for the backing fabric to arrive) and I'm in the middle of a super sekrit project that has to be done by the last weekend in August and is currently barely past the cut out stage.

What I have managed to do is finish my Hitchhiker scarf that I started back in April.
This was, as promised by the friend who gifted me the pattern, a simple and satisfying knit. I probably would have finished it ages ago were it not for my goldfish like attention span.

This is 5 and a bit 50g balls of Patons Mirage DK (50/50 cotton viscose mix), knitted on 4mm needles (I think). It's super soft and squishy, and by some miracle I managed to fix the hole where I'd dropped a stitch and not noticed for about 5 rows when I wove the ends in.
All in all, a good, useful and comfy knit. I may attempt another one. At some point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...

Finished Object: Triple Pouch

Good morning! The sun is shining and I know full well the weather is going to turn again this weekend, because it's England, but stuff it, I shall rejoice in the sun, however brief it is! This is actually a Finish Along Finish! Bet you thought there wouldn't be any of those! (I wasn't sure...) This is the Triple Pouch from Aneela Hoey's Stitched Sewing Organisers book. And it's terrifying! But it looks really cool.