Skip to main content

2018 Finish Along Q2

I feel like I'm dragging a bunch of these projects from one quarter to the next, and that they're never getting done.
That cardigan... I love the idea of it, but I'm terrified of sewing knit fabrics! That zip up tray pouch... do I even have the zip for it anymore?

I think I'll hang on to them for this quarter, but after that, I'll have a purge. I always have good intentions, but other, newer and shinier projects have a habit of getting in the way!

New stuff with deadlines at the top!





1. Rainbow Porg - this is for the Maythe4thMQS this year. Half pieced, I have a couple of weeks to finish it. It's going fairly quickly, I've just been leaving the two really small fiddly pieces for last!

 

2. Makers Tote - I don't even know why this isn't finished. I do big chunks of work on it, and then get annoyed with it and put it to one side. I think the last issue was that I couldn't get the sides to line up absolutely perfectly. I want it done soon though, the person who it's for really should have it!


3. Taina shawl - this is a commission for a guy at work for a gift for his mum. Her birthday is May 1st so I better get a move on. I'm about halfway through the second repeat, I need to weigh the yarn to see how far I am through that! I know 2.5 repeats used about 55 grams the last time I made this, but I want to use as much of the yarn as possible.





















4. Unicorn cushion - I had a day where I needed to do some simple FPP, and was apparently in the mood for pink, so I made these two unicorns, and I'm going to turn them into a cushion cover. Still not sure if I want to do a long bolster cushion or a square one...



5. Star Wars zip up tray pouch - oh my god I will do this! I swear! I mean I'll probably sell it, but I swear I will!

6. Teal ponte cardigan - it's been moved downstairs so I can actually cut it out.

7. Unicorn embroidery pouch - this is pissing me off as the design has rubbed off and I can't easily retrace it. A labour of "oh god I will get this done"

8. Meeple cushions - they will be done! The red one has been stolen by my friend's cat, so I ought to make the rest.

9. Sprite's Fen shawl - this is getting huge and annoying, but I'm 50% through the pattern in terms of yarn, and only have about 2 pages of pattern left.


10. Vila shawl - making good progress


11. Astra cowl - next to cast on once the Taina is done, although I might cast it on before then, who knows?

12. The #stitchedsewingorganizerssal - am I allowed to count this? Who knows? (I don't actually mind if I'm not, but it's going on the list as I want to make at least one of each project... I didn't finish for the actual sew-along, but I'm still pootling my way through the book)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know what a Rainbow Porg is but it is really cute! Good luck on the finishes!
1strongcheryl
Jane Holbrook said…
Your blog name drew me in. I see that you are also an anonymous knitter. I, too, quilt and knit. I took my knitting to quilt retreat this past week, of course. You are incredibly energetic or unrealistic, what a list! I love your various color choices. Good luck with your ambitious list!

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.