Skip to main content

This is why I don't blog

I'm lazy. I just started writing a blog post and then realised that I'm going to have to check a couple of books for references. And work out how to reference IG posts without insulting people.

And then realise that I don't think anyone actually cares about my opinions on the gender constructs in quilting...

I'm sewing for gifts and swaps at the moment. And knitting a hat on my lunches.

Wordy post to come when I can find the book I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend ...

Review: Love, Death + Robots (part 1)

Slightly different use of the blog this evening, I'm going to sit and watch/re-watch Netflix's "Love Death + Robots" and air my thoughts, along with trigger warnings and some ranting. I feel like I should preface this with the fact that this should  be 100% my jam... I love animation, I love sci-fi, I love slightly weird shit. Sadly, it has fallen so fucking far from expectations, I kind of feel the need to say something. Also, there are spoilers galore here. So if you haven't watched it and you want to go into it without any information, this is not the blog post for you. Some of these, I'm re-watching (I started watching them with a friend, but got sick of all the violence and dicks) and some of them I haven't seen before. There are also at least 2 that I refuse to re-watch, so you're just going to have to rely on my memory.

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.