Skip to main content

New Year, New Blogging Resolutions?

I really don't know. As you will have realised, I'm shite at this. I only really blog at work, because that's the only time I'm usually at a computer and not being distracted by other stuff, and it can be a pain because it makes photo uploading difficult and I lose my train of thought halfway through a post when I have to go and deal with something.

But, sometimes it's useful to have a place to vent. Or scream about Y-seams *shudder* or why I was consistently using the wrong type of interfacing for about 18 months (just... don't)

I'm starting this year with no money, a massive list of stuff that needs doing to the house, and a lot of makes I want to make. And a job that is making me progressively more and more miserable as the weeks go on.

I'm currently trying to avoid having to make curtains, but I have a massive window/door thing going on in my living room that makes it absolutely freezing. Dad and R have both said they might have stuff I can use, but it's seeing if it's the right height, and getting a curtain rail, and ugh.

I have a stash to work through this year. 'retail therapy' last year ended me up with a lot of quilting fabric, and a lot of random stuff that I now don't have space for. I also could do with using up some of the fabric I bought for clothing, but that leads to the other issue right now...

I need to lose weight. 2016 was a battle between me and the medical profession of "I need to lose weight, nothing I'm doing is working, help" being met by "you're overweight, stop eating junk food and exercise more" (and on one memorable occasion, "exercise won't help, just stop eating all the junk food"... I have takeaway once a fortnight, if that)
There was brief hope when one GP actually was willing to send me for scans to see if I had PCOS (after all blood tests came back normal after ANOTHER complaint of exhaustion and weight gain), where I saw an amazingly dismissive consultant who took one look at me and said "you need to lose weight", scanned me, said "oh yes, there are some cysts, but it's not PCOS, you're just fat, how about we double your dose of contraceptive because that works for 45 year old women presenting with (some of) your symptoms, also, are you absolutely sure you don't want children?" to which I've heard nothing from my GP, or received a copy of the letter from the consultant regarding the results, which I was supposed to get.
So anyway, the point of that rant is that I need to lose weight, so I don't want to sew clothes because a) I'm a lump with awkward measurements and b) when I lose weight I'll either have to do a ton of adjustments or scrap everything I made. Ugh.

And that entire paragraph is why I hate blogging, because I now hate everything about myself even more.

We'll see. Hour to go until lunchbreak, and I can't go for a walk as it's pissing it down with rain. I'll get on with my knitting instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some random things

    So I'm currently faffing around at work, waiting for a meeting that might not happen and trying no to go mad with the current project I'm working on (pro tip: don't make the English graduate computerise the electrical drawings. bad things happen) My pretty fabric for my post xmas present sewing showed up at work on Friday (when I was off doing xmas shopping in MK) so I didn't get it until today. It's so pretty! And I managed some impressive colour matching given I was working on my not very well calibrated work monitor! This is going to be tucked away until I'm done, so I'm not tempted before I'm done with presents.   I posted the other night about how much I love my seam ripper (there was an issue with squid, which will be covered in a post later when I can get all the photos in the right order, so, when I get home) and someone asked what it was, so I took this to illustrate the point. It sees a fair amount of use, and this weekend

Finish-a-long Quarter 2

Life, being what it is, I never signed up for Quarter 1. I didn't have a huge number of projects on the go, and I was not in a great place. But things are looking up now. And up, and up, if you're looking at the stack of unfinished projects, so without further ago, I present the list of stuff I would like to finish this quarter...

Xmas present 3 - the squid

 This was the big one. The one that was going to the person whose opinion as a crafter I care about, and a person who has had a bit of a rough year. Thankfully, by some miracle, it all came together, although this was NOT without disasters.